1. Pumpkin contains vitamin-A which is an anti-aging nutrient.
2. It also contain Vitamin-C which helps promote the production of collagen.
3. Pumpkin can help you eat less due to it being high in Fiber.
4. The carotids (what makes pumpkins orange) help prevent premature aging.
5. Tryptophan is in pumpkins seed. Tryptophan helps produce serotonin, which can help improve your mood.
It’s great that pumpkin is in season! Here are a few ways to incorporate pumpkin into your beauty and health routine.
Pumpkin Face Mask:
- Make your base: Whisk together about 1/4 cup of pumpkin and one whole egg. The yolk adds nourishment while the white provides a subtle tightening effect to sagging skin.
- Dry skin additive: Add a few teaspoons of honey, which not only seals in moisture, but prevents breakouts thanks to its antibacterial properties.
- Oily skin additive: For an astringent effect, mix in a splash of apple cider or cranberry juice.
- Apply: Smooth the pumpkin-y potion over your face, relax for 15 to 20 minutes, and rinse to reveal a brighter, firmer, smoother complexion. Source
Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup (120g) vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup (120ml) skim milk
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup (150g) pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup ice
I don’t know about you, but I’m taking advantage of the healthy benefits of pumpkin!