This post contains affiliate links
I’m taking this self care thing seriously. I’ve been looking for small things that I can do to help me live a more relaxed life. So I decided to make these relaxing essential oil shower soothers.
I’ve been falling more and more in love with essentials oils lately. After my mommy workout class our instructor places cool rags on our foreheads with essential oils on them. Let me tell you, I almost fell asleep during our cool down because the essential oils relaxed me so much. I’ve been hooked ever since!
DIY Essential Oil Shower Soothers
I played around with a few different recipes and this one works the best. The only changes I made were that I add my essential oil right before I used them. You can add whatever essential oil scents you like. I used Lavender because of its relaxing properties.
1½ cups baking soda
1/2 Cup of Citric Acid
2/3 cup water
4 drops Lavender Essential Oil
1. Sift baking soda; slowly mix in water until mixture is the consistency of runny toothpaste. That’s the best comparison I could come up with ;).
3. Spray silicone mold with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Pour baking soda mixture into muffin pan, continuing to stir as you spoon mixture into pan, it will thicken quickly.
5. Bake at 350º for 20 minutes.
6. Allow to cool and then gently press cubes out of muffin pan.
7. Add essential oils before you are ready to use.
Note: For best results use a silicone mold ( I found mine at Aldi for $5.99). Also, let your shower steam up a little before adding to shower (place in the back of the shower so it doesn’t dissolve too quickly). Enjoy!
Healing Mama Remedies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.